• Pork Leg or Pata (desired cut)
• Pork broth (3/4 liter of water)
• 3/4 cup peanut butter
• 5 cloves garlic crushed
• 1 whole big onion minced cut
• 1/4 cup Annato or atsuete
• 1/2 cup Bagoong Alamang cooked
• 4 tablespoon cooking oil
• 2 medium eggplant sliced
• 10 pcs snake beans or sitaw cut into
• 2 inches long
• 3 bunches or bokchoy or pechay
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Put pork onto the casserole with water allow to boil to remove some impurities, make sure to remove it while continue to boil from 15-20mins.
• Drain the water and set aside the pork.
• Coloring( atsuete or annato)*On a pan put half cup of oil until heated but not too hot.
• Then put the annato seeds and allowed the seeds to release that reddish color make sure not to burn it.
• Set aside allow it to cool.
Step • 1. On a pan add oil annato mixture , heated … Put minced onion (caramelized) add garlic until golden brown.
Step • 2. Then put the pork pata .. Saute…you can put the cooked Bagoong while mixing it allowing the pork to absorb the flavor.
Step • 3. Cover the pan and allowed it to sweat for 5minutes.
Step • 4. Then pour the water or broth. Boil for 20minutes.
Step • 5. Add peanut butter, mixed well. Cover the pan and let it boil for 10mins.
Step • 6. Add remaining Cooked bagoong , check desired taste..To make a bit creamy you can put some dssolve cornstarch.
Step • 7. Put Eggplant and snake beans allow it to boil and cook. Step • 8. Then put bok choy or pechay.
Step • 9. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Step • 10. When the veggies are cooked turn off the fire. And ready to serve.
Step • 11. Serve your dish and enjoy!