1 1/2 lb. pork belly cut into cubes
2 pieces tomato cubed
1 piece Chinese eggplant sliced
3 1/2 cups pork stock
3 tablespoons white vinegar
4 tablespoons bagoong alamang
1 piece onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Heat oil in a cooking pot.Saute onion, garlic, and tomato. 2. Once the onion becomes soft, add the pork belly. Cook until the belly turns light brown.
3. Add shrimp paste (bagoong alamang). Stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour vinegar. Let the mixture boil. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour the pork stock into the pot. Cover and let boil. Adjust the heat to medium and continue to cook for 40 minutes or until the pork gets tender. Note: add water or pork stock as needed.
6. Add eggplant. Stir. Cover the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Season with sugar and ground black pepper.
8. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!